ECARE is looking forward to participating in Northeast Pensacola SERTOMA’s 2019 Hogfest Reverse Raffle and Party on Saturday, April 27th at 6:30pm at Harley Davidson of Pensacola. Each ticket admits two people to the party and includes one entry for an opportunity to win a 2019 Harley Davidson Fatboy Motorcycle or $10,000. Only 600 tickets will be sold. The event includes a silent and live auction. To donate items or reserve your $100.00 ticket, contact ECARE at 433-6893.
Every Child A Reader in Escambia (ECARE) is seeking Reading Pal volunteers interested in working with pre-kindergarten students for the 2018-19 school year.
The goal of this program is to help students build strong pre-literacy skills necessary for kindergarten success. Volunteers are trained to effectively use themed literacy kits that engage children in age appropriate learning activities. Mentor training and on-going support are provided to ensure a positive volunteer experience. A successful background check including a Level II security screening is required of all volunteers. Volunteers are asked to be smoke and tobacco free while volunteering as a Reading Pal.
A commitment of at least 45 minutes one day per week is requested. We allow some flexibility to accommodate our volunteers’ personal and professional schedules; volunteers may change volunteer time or day when necessary and may work in teams of two if desired.
If you have any questions, please contact ECARE at 433-6893.
ECARE was pleased to again participate in Seville Rotary Club’s Annual Arrogant Steak Cook-off in October at Seville Quarter. Thank you to Seville Rotary for their continued support!
Contact: Janice Cooper Holmes
INTERNATIONAL PAPER PENSACOLA MILL TOUTS 75 YEARS OF OPERATION,
AWARDS $75,000 IN FOUNDATION GRANTS TO COMMUNITY ORGANIZATIONS
JUNE 2, 2016 – PENSACOLA, FLA. – In honor of its 75th anniversary, International Paper Pensacola Mill awarded $75,000 in foundation grants to local community organizations. Grants are awarded by the IP Foundation in Memphis, Tenn., which focuses on environmental education, literacy, employee involvement and critical community needs.
“We are privileged to be able to assist our local community organizations in their efforts to make a difference in the lives of the residents and children of Northwest Florida,” said Janice Holmes, communications manager. “Their efforts serve to strengthen our community.”
Local community organizations and their projects that were awarded grants for 2016 are:
• Autism Pensacola “Kids for Camp Summer Learning Lab”
• Ballet Pensacola, “Discover Dance”
• Council on Aging of NWFL, “Big Green, Little Green Hydroponics!”
• Creative Learning Academy “Enhancing Libraries”
• Ernest Ward Middle “Eagles Read” and “Fruit Trees 101”
• Escambia County Extension 4-H “4H Natural Resources and Environmental Education Program”
• Escambia County Public Schools Foundation for Excellence, “Literacy and Environmental Classroom Grants”
• Every Child a Reader in Escambia “Project Ready 2016”
• Greater First Baptist Church, “Community Literacy Mentoring and Tutoring Program”
• Jim Allen Elementary School, “Let’s Get EGGS cited about Reading!”
• J.M. Tate High School “Reservations for Preservation”
• National Flight Academy “STEM Saturday Program”
• Navarre Beach Sea Turtle Conservation Center “STEM Sea Turtle Education Models”
• Partnership for Community Programs “Bay Day 2016” and “Stormwater Estuary Education Program
• Pensacola Mess Hall “MicroEye Microscope Station”
• Pensacola Opera “From Words to Music”
• Pensacola Promise Chain Reaction “Chain Reaction Service Learning”
• Quintette Community Park Association “Senior Citizen and Youth Programs”
• The Global Corner “China and Activity Book for Children”
• UWF Foundation, “UWF Community Garden,” “Emerald Coast BEST Robotics Hub,” “Summer Institute for the National Writing Project,” and “Summer Camps for Environmental Literacy”
For more information on the grant process, contact Janice Cooper Holmes, communications manager, at 850-968-4203 or e-mail email@example.com.
About International Paper
International Paper (NYSE: IP) is a global leader in packaging and paper with manufacturing operations in North America, Europe, Latin America, Russia, Asia and North Africa. Its businesses include industrial and consumer packaging along with uncoated papers and pulp. Headquartered in Memphis, Tenn., the company employs approximately 58,000 people and is strategically located in more than 24 countries serving customers worldwide. International Paper net sales for 2014 were $24 billion. For more information about International Paper, its products and stewardship efforts, visit internationalpaper.com.